Free open source library for writing advanced VCL/FireMonkey(FMX) components for Delphi, C++ Builder and RAD Studio.
The purpose of the OpenWire project is to introduce unified easy way to transfer data among different VCL/FireMonkey components. This is very similar to the way the products as LabView, Agilent VEE or Simulink work. For example, you could quickly build an application with a sine wave generator, which streams out to a chart and in parallel to a filter, which streams out to another chart and in parallel to a file logger, as well as to a serial communication sending the data to another system. And what makes this easy is that you do not write code: You build streams by connecting an OutputPin to one or more InputPins.
OpenWire uses streams in order to transfer the data. Each stream is a connection between one output and one or multiple inputs.
- Each component can have one or more inputs and/or outputs.
- Each Input or Output is called Pin. I.E. there are IputPins and OutputPins.
- Each OutputPin can stream specific format data to compatible format InputPins.
- Each type of data has its own data specification.
- Supports state pins, allowing components to share common state.